Instructions for Other Readers: Sony, Kobo, Pandigital, Literati
Click for Printable Instructions for Other Devices
1. Get Set Up (you will only need to do this once):
- Download the app onto your computer by visiting http://ebooks.3m.com/library/KitchigamiLibrarySystem/ and then clicking on Reader Apps in the upper right hand side of the screen.
- Select PC App or Mac App from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Then click on the Download App button at the bottom of the page.
- Follow prompts to install the software onto your computer.
- The first time you open the program, choose MN as your state, Kitchigami Regional Library as your library, and enter your KRLS library barcode, and your PIN.
2. Authenticate the App:
- If you already use Adobe Digital Editions software to download eBooks, 3M Cloud Library should automatically detect this and use the same Adobe ID previously used.
- If Adobe Digital Editions is not already installed and registered, or 3M Cloud Library does not detect your ID, you will be given 2 options:
- Recommended: Use a 3M Cloud ID (no sign-in required other than your library card).
- Or: Enter an Adobe ID and password.
3. Use the App:
- Browse, search, and check out eBooks by browsing our featured Shelves, Categories, or Searching for specific titles, subjects, or authors.
- View books you currently have checked out or on hold under My Books.
4. Transfer your eBooks to your eReader:
- Connect your eReader to your computer using its USB cable.
- In the 3M Cloud Library App, a notification will appear below the navigation tabs saying, Connected to device: ______ (with the type of device connected indicated).
- Click on My Books and then click on the green download to device button on the cover of the eBook you wish to transfer to your eReader.
- A dialog box will tell you when your eBook has been successfully transferred.
- Safely eject your eReader from the computer and your books are ready to read! Depending on the model of your eReader, your checked out eBooks may be in your library or in a documents folder.
**Please note that all older Sony Readers are compatible with 3M Cloud Library, except for the Sony Reader Wifi (PRS-T1). The new Sony Reader Daily Edition models (PRS-900 and PRS-950) are also not compatible.