Instructions for Barnes & Noble Nook®: Nook First Edition, Nook Simple Touch, and Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight
Click here for Printable Instructions for Nook First Ed. and Simple Touch.
1. Get Set Up (you will only need to do this once):
- Download the app onto your computer by visiting http://ebook.3m.com/library/KitchigamiLibrarySystem/ and then clicking on Download App in the upper right hand side of the screen.
- Select PC App or Mac App from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Then click the Download App button at the bottom of the page.
- Follow prompts to install the software on to your computer.
- The first time you open the program, choose MN as your state, Kitchigami Regional Library as your library, and enter your KRLS library barcode, and your PIN.
2. Authenticate the App:
- If you already use Adobe Digital Editions software to download eBooks, 3M Cloud Library should automatically detetct this and use the same Adobe ID previously used.
- If Adobe Digital Editions is not already installed and registered, or 3M Cloud Library does not detect your Adobe ID, you will be given two options:
- Recommended: Use a 3M Cloud ID (no sign-in required other than your library card).
- Or: Enter an Adobe ID and password.
3. Use the App:
- Browse, search and check out eBooks by viewing our Featured shelves, Browsing by genre, or Searching for specific titles, subjects, or authors.
- View books you currently have checked out or on hold for under My Books.
4. Transfer you eBooks to your Nook:
- Connect you Nook to your computer using its USB cable
- In the 3M Cloud Library App on your computer, a notification will appear below the navigation tabs saying, Connected to device: Nook.
- Click on My Books and then click on the green download to device button on the cover of the eBook you wish to transfer to your Nook.
- A dialog box will tell you when your eBook has been successfully transferred.
- Safely eject your Nook from the computer and your books are ready to read! Go the library on your Nook to find your checked out eBooks.